We now have 2 HTC Wildfire phones in our household so there was great satisfaction when Three eventually released Android 2.2 (Froyo). Upgraded the first phone no bother but when the second was done, on restart, we continually got the error
The Application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again.
Rang Three who of course did not know the answer. They did offer a replacement (as we had had the phone a couple of weeks) but in the end I didn’t need it as I found the solution while on the call.
Basically what you need to do is this
1. Press the Search button on your phone
2. Type in Settings and select it from the results
3. Select Applications > Manage Applications > HTC Sense > Clear Data
4. Press the Home button
5. You should now see the default wallpaper and widgets
6. Try adding a widget. Either:
* Press the +icon in the bottom-right > Widget
* Press Menu > Add to Home > Widget
* Long-press an empty space on your homescreen > Widget
7. If you find that the HTC widgets are missing from the Add Widgets list go to Settings and repeat steps 3 and 4